Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bayou Turkey-Barley Chowder

Sorry for the break in posts. I don't want to upset my readers, of which there are none right now.

With the holiday, my usual schedule was changed. It wasn't until today that I went shopping and made my plan for the week. I started with my weekly soup, Bayou Turkey-Barley Chowder. My husband thinks this is the best soup I ever made. WOW!

I also made spaghetti sauce. There is no recipe posted since sauce is something that is personal and I learned from my family. I start by browning ground beef, sausage and pork. I then deglaze with red wine, add tomato paste, and some water. I had some tomatoes baked with garlic in the freezer, so I put a few halves in. Then it needs to simmer a long time, stirring occassionally. It's done when it looks done- the color changes, and the flavors are developed.

Dinner tonight will be easy: I have some dinner rolls that the kids will make mini sandwiches. I also found a neat fondue recipe, Tomato-and-Herb Fondue. I think it will be fun for the family to sit around and have a relaxing dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment