Monday, November 9, 2009

Slow Roasted Pork with Citrus and Garlic

One of the things my kids love best is when we try different regional foods. I started this when we were stuck in the picky eater stage. One person would pick a part of the world and I would make foods from that place. The rule is that you had to taste everything. We don't do the rotation as much as I would like, but occassionally foods present themselves to be good menus- and easy.

Monday is the only night we can all eat together. I planned a Cuban meal with Slow Roasted Pork and butternut squash on the side. The recipe is linked. If you read the recipe, it takes a long time to cook, thus the slow roasting part in the title. Anyway, I did the marinating on Sunday morning and on Monday morning I put the pork and the marinade, onions, and as much citrus as I could fit into the crock pot. The pork cooked on low all day. My house smelled great when I walked in from work. Add a salad and some bread- yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment