Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I just baked

One of my friends is having her kitchen remodeled so I had her family over for dinner last night. I must admit, I used a good amount of convenience foods. One reason is that I had a freezer full of items that was given to me by my sister-in-law when she was moving. And the other reason is that some convenience items are very good. Our menu was:

Crab Cakes over salad greens with remoulade
Shrimp Skewers over rice
Cheeseburgers (for the non seafood eaters)
Banana Bread Cobbler with vanilla ice cream

I made the remoulade with mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, lemon juice, paprika, parsley and hot pepper. Yum.

The best part, usually, is dessert and this dessert is very easy and fantastic! I have had the recipe for a while but the kids would eat the bananas before I could make the cobbler. This week, I beat them to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment