Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sausage and Peppers

I was not planning on having sausage and peppers tonight, but, plans change. I was going to make pasta with broccoli and pasta with roasted zucchini. It has been a long week and I did not even feel like cooking, which is rare, but it happens. I did take ground beef and sausage out of the freezer so that I could make a pot of sauce.

I came home from work and got some laundry put away and remembered that I had the meat ready for the sauce. I started the sauce when I realized that I had more sausage out than I needed. So, when life hands you sausage, make sausage and peppers. Here's how I make it:

4 links sausage, sweet or hot as you like it
5 potatoes, sliced
1.5 can diced tomatoes
1 green pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the sausage links in an ovenproof pan. Remove to a cutting board and slice into 1-inch rounds.

Add potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the sausage back to the pan. Cook until the potatoes and sausage are done: this can be done on the stove top or in the oven.

After about 20 minutes, add the peppers and cook the mixture for about another 5 minutes. Serve with salad and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment