Thursday, January 12, 2012

Risotto with Squash Souffle



As promised, a picture of the chicken skillet.

Last night I planned on making the Risotto with Squash Souffle, but I was not really planned. I knew the recipe would take a while, risotto always does, but I never read through the recipe all the way. Bad idea.

I was supposed to chill the risotto for 8 hours, but I put it in the freezer and that worked well. Then the souffle part meant making a roux, a sauce, beating egg whites, mixing at different times. Not exactly what I wanted to spend a Wednesday afternoon doing. I was trying to thing of some short cuts, but eventually just decided to do the recipe as written.

I was so glad I did. It was delicious! My oldest, who is not my most adventurous eater, gobbled it down. I had two servings and I can wait to have some for lunch today. Great recipe.

I did have extra souffle mixture that I cooked in a separate pan to use a side dish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment