Friday, September 21, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

This week, like most, is busy.  I bought a butternut squash last week and it still was not cooked.  I cut it in half and roasted it in the oven two nights ago.  I seeded it and scraped out the pulp and it was refrigerated until last night when I finally had time to make soup.

I sliced two leeks (and cleaned them) and peeled and diced one carrot; season with salt and pepper.  I sauteed the leeks and carrot in 1/2 cup of butter until they were sightly browned.  Add the squash to the pot and saute for about 3 minutes.  De glaze the pan with 1 cup of white wine.  Add enough chicken stock to cover the squash and simmer until the carrots are tender.  Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the soup.  If desired, top the soup with a little heavy cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment