Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

My intention, back in May or June, was to increase my blogging about cooking.  I figured I would be cooking more and have those recipes to share.  I was half correct.  I cooked, but I did not blog.  I apologize.

Today, for my family was the first day of school.  This fall, our schedule includes junior varsity football, junior football and cheerleading, dance will start in a few weeks, and work for mom and dad.  Many of you know the routine.

Getting a meal together today was easy (but starting next week, Wednesdays I will be getting home later than today).  I was home to greet the three youngest getting off the bus and before junior football and cheer practice, I prepped rice by par cooking and I have the sauce for Marmalade Meatballs ready.  The meatball recipe is usually done in the crock pot, but I did not plan ahead.  It will take no time to pull it together when we all get home. (While the kids are at practice, I will be at yoga and my husband will get the kids home from practice.  I will have about a half an hour to get cooking before they get home.)  I will heat and put together a salad, and some frozen vegetables.  Dinner done.

No comments:

Post a Comment