Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicken Cacciatore

The plan today was for chicken cacciatore. I started it last night by making my own sauce, the recipe link calls for store bought, but I had the ingredients I needed. This is one of my favorite meals and I serve it over polenta. Yum!!!

I never make it in the slow cooker, so this was a new experience. Instead of browning the chicken on the stove top, I popped it into the oven in the morning while I was showering. Then I just combined the rest of the ingredients and dinner was done.

My husband called to say he needed to work late. The kids had to go various places and it was 7:30 by the time we got home- still no husband. Another important thing happened- Charlie Brown's Halloween special was on. The kids ate cheeseburgers and I sat alone at the table eating the chicken cacciatore. It was delicious!!

And because I was the only one who ate the chicken cacciatore- there is a lot leftover! I can't wait to have it again for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment