Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Night

Fridays can go either way- pizza or big meal. Tonight was a mix. I knew it was the only night of the weekend I would be home to get anything done. I did the grocery shopping and got to work (not exactly that quickly).

Work this recipe

I made a beef and cheddar pie (see the link for the recipe) for dinner. It took a while so if I were making this recipe during the week, I would prep the veggies and meat when I had time a day or two before. If you really like the recipe and will make it often, you can make a double batch and freeze half for another meal- that will make your prep a lot faster.

Prep Ahead

I had the time, so I got some prep work finished. I made a soup, just regular chicken noodle and I got some chicken breast cooked and frozen into usable portions. The chicken was on sale and I have lots of recipes that uses cooked chicken- some went into the soup. After the chicken was done, I made a stock with the bones. It was a busy night! But, future meals will be easier.

Still Ahead tonight I need to make brownies for halloween tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment