Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes

I wanted comfort food- which seems to be a theme of my cooking. I had the day off to get some things done, so I had time in the day to make a few items. It was a busy weekend and I did not do any cooking. I made Corn Chowder in the morning. It was a plain recipe but good for the weekly soup.

I made a basic meatloaf, ground beef, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, an egg. Baked it so that the fat from the meat would drip away. It's important to save calories, especially during the holidays. I mashed some red potatoes, with the skins. Green beans completed the meal.

I also wanted to get some holiday baking done. Fudge was made. Anise Tea Cresents, linked on the side, was a new recipe- and a keeper! I also made peanut butter cookies. No wonder I was asleep by 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment