Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Roasted Squash Stuffed with Corn Bread Dressing

After the holiday and feeling full, and not wanting to gain weight during the holidays, I felt that a vegetarian, low-fat meal was appropriate. I had an acorn squash and the rest of the ingredients on hand so, it was worth a try. Served with a salad, it was a filling meal.

The kids has grilled cheese and tomato soup- they are not always adventurous and my oldest son didn't make the basketball team. Healthy, comfort food for them.

Work that recipe-

In order to get the squash recipe completed, I had to do some parts on the night before. I cooked the squash last night. I also used a boxed corn bread mix and added a little maple syrup to the mix- that worked well. Once I came home today, I only had to assemble the stuffing and bake. It was easy and fast with the regular activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment