Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Off from work

The thing I love most about being off from work, either in the summer or just days off, is getting up and cooking. I feel that when the rest of the family wakes up, the house has a warm welcoming smell. Perhaps my children will remember that when they are old enough to reflect on what home means to them.

Today, I started with Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage. I did not make any adjustments to this recipe. It smells great and as I am writing, it is still simmering. That will be my lunch for today.

Dinner tonight will be risotto. I usually do the long, constant stirring recipe but tonight I am using the slow cooker. I plan on relaxing. The recipe posted in the sidebar calls for condenced mushroom soup, but I don't have any and it is cold outside, and I am not leaving the house today. I am going to subsitute condensed cream of chicken. I made this recipe before with the same substitution. It works well.

This evening, we are invited to a friends house (so, yes, eventually I will leave the house) and I am bringing a Black Bean Dip. It is simple: black beans, tomato sauce, Cheddar cheese, chili powder. Easy and not too unhealthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment