Monday, January 25, 2010

Leftovers on Monday?

Leftovers on Monday? Sort of. I teach a foods course and every other week this semester, we have a lab. I work later on lab days so there is not a lot of time to cook. I had good things in the frig and then I bring leftovers home from the lab, if any. Today was a Caribbean theme. Black bean soup, chicken and sausage paella, black bean salad, and sesame dip came home with me today. If that was not appetizing, any of the foods I made yesterday were also fair game.

Speaking of yesterday, I made Toasted Orzo Chicken Soup, Layered Mexican Salad, and a shrimp and basil pasta. The layered salad is simply iceberg lettuce, cornbread, black beans, corn, scallions, and tomatoes layered into a serving dish. I make a southwest ranch dressing by adding a little chili powder and cumin to bottled ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment