Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pork Chops with Pepper Jelly Sauce

Well, after last night's scurry, I made it to the grocery store for the pork chops I needed. And, it was well worth it!! I made Pork Chops with Pepper Jelly Sauce from Southern Living January 2010 issue (could not find the link). I will be happy to post when I do.

Yum! There was sweet and savory and spicy all in one dish. I think this will be a great dish to grill and make the sauce separately. I served it with carrots and mashed potatoes (like any other side dish would do with pork chops?).

2 comments:

  1. I made the Pork Chops with Pepper Jelly sauce in the January 2010 issue on p104 and it was AWESOME!I didn't have any olive oil left; therefore, I substituted with Smart Balance spread-did not change the outcome. My husband LOVED the dish. I am going to try this sauce with chicken breast. The cast iron skillet was a perfect choice for cooking this recipe. HATS OFF TO SOUTHERN LIVING FOR THIS RECIPE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about using it for chicken- what a great idea. This recipe is definately a keeper. I had some of Harry and Davids pepper and onion relish that I substituted for the pepper jelly and it worked well. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete