Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday

Our schedules today were very busy and I am being lazy. I just heated some chicken tenders for the kids with leftover mashed potatoes. Of course, once they all come home from practices and games, they will want sandwiches. They make their own and I can continue to be lazy.

Speaking of lazy... the black bean soup that half was used as a sauce was sitting in the frig. I wanted to add some spice to it, but just did not want to put in the effort. Instead, I put it into the freezer and can fix it when I am inspired (which may be in the spring when my bones thaw out.)

I did make something though. Lemony Chicken Soup is still in the crockpot. I had most of the ingredients in the freezer, so I just needed to combine.

Freezer Solutions

1. When chicken breast are on sale, I buy a few pounds, season and roast, then take the meat off the bone and freeze in one pound portions. Anytime I need cooked chicken, it is ready.

2. I also buy celery and chop it when I get home. I freeze the celery in 1 cup portions. It is perfect for soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment