Monday, January 18, 2010

Roasted Chicken with Fiery Lemon Glaze

Mondays are usually less busy than the rest of the weeknights so I can take a little more time with dinner. Roasted chicken with steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes. What is great is that there are leftovers for chicken salad or just to heat up. The lemon glaze made with honey was a hit with the kids.

Once the chicken was cut, I used the carcass to make a stock. To make the stock, I put the carcass with cold water in a stock pot and cooked slowly for a two hours. The less a stock is disturbed while it is cooking, the clearer the stock will be. I did not add any celery or seasoning this time. I think the lemon, garlic, and honey from the glaze will provide an interesting flavor to the stock. The stock is in the freezer for use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment