Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday cooking

I love to cook on Sunday's. Today's dinner is already made: Sauce on Sunday. The sauce is defrosting and the linguine will get cooked later. I did take time to get some other cooking done.

Next week I volunteered to make two cakes for a fundraiser. One is in the over as I write and I will make the next when that one in done. Into the freezer they will go until next week when I will only need to make the ganache frosting. I am using one of my favorite cake recipes: Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake. The recipe is in the "Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook published by Oxmoor House. If you search this recipe online, there are a lot of imposters. I could not find the real recipe. I get complements on this cake everytime I make it and friends ask me to make it for get togethers. I usually keep one in the freezer because it freezes so well and never loses moistness.

I also took the time to fix the black bean stew (see the Monday Scurry entree) that needed help. It was too thin and bland. I had it in the freezer, so I defrosted and added seasoned beef cubes and half a can of refried beans to thicken it. Seasoning also needed to be added: a large dash of hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder did the trick. Served over rice it will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment