Monday, February 1, 2010

Chili

Yesterday, I was ambitious, but I did not have enough time to get everything done. Tonight, still bracing for the addition of play practices, I was making food for the freezer. I made a chicken sausage stew recipe that I have had for years. There is nothing like the old, trusted recipes. You can vary them, if you like, and you know how much yield you get from a recipe.

Tonight I served half of the chili. That only needed to be heated. I put some potatoes in the oven to bake and roasted a variety of vegetables. My family was free to combine the items to make thier meal something they would like. I used the potato as a base for the chili, added some cheese on top, and had veggies as a side. My 8 year old said that I should open a restaurant with the chili and I would have lots of customers. Now that's a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment