Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pizza

If you have been reading this blog, you have noticed that I often serve steak and cheese. I mixed things up a little this time. I made cheese steak pizza. It always helps to mix up things your kids like and will eat. I broke us and cooked some minute steaks in the pan, added them to a prepared pizza crust and added cheese. A little baking time and a salad, dinner was complete.

I did want to try something a little more sophisicated for my husband and myself. I hope to have a tested recipe in the future, but for now, this is what I tried.

I used the steaks and instead of American cheese, used Gorgonzola cheese and red onions. When the pizza was done I topped lightly with a horseraddish topping that was a creamy mixture of horseraddish, sourcream and heavy cream. I still need to work on the proportions as the finished product was tasty, but a little strong for the average palate. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment