Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just a Side Dish

One method I use to keep track of everyone for the week is a family planner that is posted on the refrigerator. I keep dinners also on the planner so that I can stay organized and the kids can just see what is for dinner without asking me 100 times. I was running out of the Disney weekly planner sheets I bought last year when I saw an add for The Polka Dot Press. My new planner sheets came in the mail yesterday and they are adorable!!! And they are custom made for my family. Check out the link- the service is fantastic and the products are great.

I was not serving dinner today because my mother-in-law was cooking. Yay! Especially because I woke up with a cold and sore throat. I did manage to make a side dish and the weekly soup for lunches, and biscuits for quick breakfasts.

The side dish was spiced acorn squash. It was yummy with the browned butter. I may mash the leftovers for another side dish later this week.

The soup was vegetarian and the recipe made enough for my family and a friend. I did have to make changes because I did not have tomato paste (and I rarely run out of tomato paste). I used a little less of the water and substituted with a can of diced tomatoes. I also added a little hot sauce at the end.

The last prep I made today was sausage buscuits. I trippled the recipe so that I can freeze the extra and just heat them when needed in the morning. My husband and I did have one for breakfast- yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment