Friday, October 8, 2010

New Dishes

I was hosting dinner for my cousin and his fiance last weekend. I had a traditional menu planned:
Shrimp Cocktail
Rib Eye Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Asparagus and Melon Salad
Apple Pie a la Mode

First, the asparagus and melon salad was served as a side dish. I was watching a cooking show and saw the recipe and it looked good. Well, in person, it is an impressive dish. I double the recipe and the four of us finished almost all of it. The recipe is linked. This will be my "go to" recipe for a while and I will be taking it whenever I need to bring a side or salad anywhere.

Second, the rest of the meal was delicious, but traditional. Nothing fancy, except my new plates. I have a "thing" for plates. For a few years, I have been looking at the three compartment serving dishes in different sizes and wanted to use them as dinner plates. The whole meal will fit on the plate. The problem was that at regular price, they were $25 per plate. Until last week, that is. I was in the grocery store and on the clearance table were plates that I had in mind and in colors that match my dining room. The best part: they were $4.22 each! Score! Table setting and meals look impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment