Friday, April 1, 2011

Back to blogging

Life sometimes gets in the way of some things. In this case, it was my blogging. We have had some challenges as a family and the blogging could not continue. But, now I'm back...in case anyone was missing me.

Every once in a while, it is necessary to revaluate your organization in work, family, etc. Recently, I made a change to how I plan my meals. I usually do meal planning on Wednesday evening, constructing my grocery list as I plan. I kept that part- it relaxes me. Here's the change: I used to assign a meal to a day based on our family calendar. Not a bad idea. However, I was making too much food and I hate waste (even though my familiy eats leftovers). There was just too much food in the refrigerator. Instead, I have been making a list of the meals that I have ingredients for or ingredients I buy. If my husband has to work late...the meal plan can change. I have a little more flexibility and sometimes I have ingredients for meals the next week.

One change that comes with every spring is planning food around baseball practices and games. Spring is a busy time in our family. My oldest son will play on three baseball teams, my youngest son on one team, and the youngest girl is trying softball this year. Both of my daughters dance and it is recital time.

I try to plan meals that can be eaten at the baseball field. Veggies and dip, wraps and sandwiches come to the field often. I try to bring food or snacks as often as possible so that we don't eat the pizza, hot dog, slushie, candy, etc from the concession stand. Please don't get me wrong-- I do sometimes plan on the concession stand.

I will start to post the weekly meal plan and will make comments about the day and how the meal went. Keep posted for the recipe links and I'm going to start adding more of my original recipes. Lastly, I plan on blogging about other adventures. That leaves me a lot of leeway for rants and fun... keep posted and let me know you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment