Monday, May 2, 2011

Time to Grill

We finally had a nice day in the Northeast! I was planning a Sunday dinner for a friend's birthday. The dinner was going to be a chicken and potato dish, cooked in the oven, but when the sun came out, I dicided to cook and eat outside.

I marinated chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and basil. Later in the day, I grilled the chicken, making extra for later in the week and the freezer for other recipes.

I took some shrimp and coated it with a mixture of orange marmalade, ginger, and soy sauce. The shrimp were also grilled.

I prepped a large salad (I wish I took a picture cause it was beautiful). Salad greens topped with hard cooked egg, roasted cherry tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, craisins, olives, peppers, and croutons. My company was able to take the parts they liked and add the chicken and/or shrimp.

We purchased a chocolate birthday cake, and I also made a butterscotch pudding cake. The butterscotch cake recipe is linked on the sidebar.

My plan for the rest of the week:

chicken crepes or wraps, depending on the baseball schedule (we are expecting more rain)
and... not really sure. I want to turn the leftover shrimp into something. Keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment