Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Terrible Tuesdays

Our Tuesdays right now are packed. Add to the madness that we are down to one car! Tuesday was my last day of my afternoon job, teaching college. Grades were handed in! I do have to get ready for a summer course, but that will be evenings (add to craziness), but afternoons are now free for other activities.

I had time yesterday afternoon to make some rice and cut some vegetables. I wanted to include my leftover shrimp and chicken into a stir fry to use them up. (I made way to much for my Sunday guests.) I also wanted to have carrot and celery sticks ready for snacking. That got done.

Once I got home, at 7:30, I pulled the stir-fry together. I used sesame oil to cook the vegetables. Once the vegetables were crisp cooked, I added the rice. I kept stirring all together adding a little butter. Last, the shrimp went in (remember is was marinated Sunday with orange, ginger and soy). It just needed to heat from there. Dinner done!

Not sure of what I am making tonight. I think our baseball game will be cancelled because of rain (again). But, I have the afternoon free to figure it out. I will check out my freezer stash while doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment