Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lemony Summer Couscous

I prepped for dinner early today because my husband was working late and I was the parent in charge of driving to practice. I tried the Carolina-Style Barbecue Chicken
. I needed to marinate the chicken longer than the recipe suggested so that I could put in on the grill after practice. Because of the longer marinating, I did not use any of the marinade as the sauce, I just reserved some before I put the chicken in for basting and serving.

I also made couscous. Try my new recipe:

Lemony Summer Couscous

2 cups couscous
2 cups chicken stock
1 zucchini, diced
2 ears corn, shucked
1 red pepper, cubed
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Cook the couscous according to package directions, substituting chicken stock for the water (I would also eliminate the salt).

Coat pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Over high heat, saute zucchini, corn, and red pepper until tender crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Fluff couscous and transfer to a large bowl. Add vegetables. Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice. Pour lemon juice mixture over couscous and vegetables. Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment