Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BBQ Pork Chops

Last night, I had to take my older son to a baseball game (and guest coach!).  My husband had baseball practice with our younger son.  The girls were with me.  I knew we would all be home late and 4 o'clock was too early to eat dinner before leaving the house.  So, here was my plan:

In the morning I pre-cooked the pork chops in the oven.  I spread a dry rub on them, put them in the baking dish, and added a beer.  They cooked at 300 degrees for 1 hour.  I then refrigerated the pork.  When we got home from the game, I finished the pork chops with my homemade barbecue sauce (see recipe in sidebar), fixed some baked beans, and zucchini and salad.

We have just about the same schedule later today...I have to teach a class, practice, games, etc.  My chicken is marinating in balsamic vinaigrette.  Instead of baking in the oven, I may use the crock pot to get the chicken started.  I will have to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment