Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sausage and Peppers

Sausage and peppers is one of my "go meals".  It can be made early in the crock pot or just before serving on the stove top.  Yesterday, I had class at night, so I made it during the day, on the stove top, and refrigerated it until dinner.  At dinner time, only the amount that was needed had to be reheated.

Here's what I do:

Brown sausage in a dutch oven coated with cooking spray.  Once it is browned, it is easier to cut into sections. I use a serrated knife to cut it.  Return the sausage to the dutch oven.  Add potatoes (baby potatoes work well, but you can slice larger potatoes.)  Add one can of tomato sauce, rosemary, basil, and oregano.  Cook until potatoes are almost tender, then add green pepper strips.  Cover and cook until potatoes are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment