Monday, June 11, 2012

No school

This is the first full week without school.  I am still teaching a night class, but having the days free makes life more relaxing.  Just because the days are free, does not mean I want to be cooking all day.  Well, maybe sometimes.  I like to use my time to be organized so that I can enjoy the free time.

Today I made a large batch of waffles and put many in the freezer.  They will be gone before the week is over, so that is a task I will have to repeat.  Only the boys will be home for dinner so I put a batch of Bourbon Meatballs in the crockpot.  After class, I will snack on them.

Last week, I took my two youngest children strawberry picking.  Freezer jam is made and ready.  Also, while at the farm, I picked up eggplant and peppers.  I roasted the peppers and eggplant with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.  Again, I did a large batch for the freezer.  I use the roasted veggies in rice or pasta or on top of a pizza crust.

Tomorrow's plan:  Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment