Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baking and more

I felt like baking today...I really think it was procrastination from dissertation writing, but I had to go with the baking.  (I did dissertation write, a little.) 

I had ribs sitting in the refrigerator with a dry rub all morning.  About 1 o'clock, they went into the oven at 250 degrees... they slow cooked all day.  I boiled potatoes, then smashed them slightly onto a baking sheet, and topped with some garlic butter.  They became crispy in the oven.  And I tried Roasted Lemon-Parmesan Cauliflower with Capers as a side.  A great meal, if I do say so myself.

Dessert was Lemonade Cupcakes.   I like lemon anything!  These are great.  And, they looked great (see, procrastination has its benefits). 


Also, I still had strawberries from strawberry picking.  I made Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie.  It is currently in the freezer.  Procrastination may make me fat!  At least I'm eating well....and I share with the neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment