Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pan-Roasted Chicken with Leeks



All I can say is yum!  I made the Pan Roasted Chicken with Leeks for dinner last night.  I needed to run around with kids, the usual, so I had to make the dish in sections. I did eliminate the bacon to save calories and the sauce was still delicious. I browned the chicken and sauteed the leeks and garlic and instead of putting it in an over at 450, I put it in at 250 degrees while I dropped kids where they needed to be.  Once home, I completed the sauce and kept the dish warm until everyone got home.  I served it with baked potatoes and Parmesan Zucchini Fries.

Here is how I made the fries:

 Cut zucchini into  sticks. In a bowl, mix panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.  In a second bowl, beat three eggs.  Dip the zucchini sticks first into the egg, then the bread crumb mixture.  Place the sticks on a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake the fries at 350 degrees until fork tender and crispy on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment