Monday, June 30, 2014

Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream

Some people, like my friend Julie, like to work and are efficient on Mondays.  Me, not so much!  I usually like to use Mondays as an "organizing for the week" kind of day.

 I was meandering around the kitchen this morning, the usual piles of recipes I want to make staring me in the face, when my youngest wanted to make something. I let her choose.  Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream it was.  I knew I had the ingredients on hand, mostly because I am an ingredient hoarder!  The ice cream freezer came up from downstairs, and we were ready.

The best thing...as the ice cream was churning, I took a little nap!  The two youngest could not wait to have some.  I had waffle bowls, whipped topping, and sprinkles on hand (benefits of hoarding again!).  And with two happy kids...I'm like "mom of the year".  All because of a little ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment