Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Spoiled Family









If anyone in my family says they are not spoiled, they are wrong.  I cook great meals, a lot.  My son's friends tell him that there is no food in anyone's refrigerator like there is in ours.  (Regular readers may refer to my "hoarding of ingredients"!)  This is a meal of proof of my family's spoiling...

I made ribs...First, I used a dry rub that I purchased.  Yes, I purchased it.  Sometimes, I make my own, this time, I did not.  I used the rub on the ribs two days before cooking and wrapped the ribs in plastic wrap in the frig.  Then, today, I poured one can of beer into the pan and slow cooked the ribs for 3 hours in a 250 degree oven.  I had a meeting to go to, then yoga, and when I got home, I move the ribs to the grill and basted them with my barbecue sauce.  Here is the recipe:

Barbecue Sauce

1 12 oz. bottle chili sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar (preferable dark brown sugar)
3 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 tablespoons mustard (I use whatever kind I have on hand)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
pepper sauce, as much as you prefer
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Mix all ingredients together.  Use on chicken, pork. or beef.

After heating and caramelizing the BBQ to the ribs, they were ready!

The extra spoiling came earlier in the day.  I made Black Pepper Biscuits with Bourbon Molasses Butter as a side.  Also, on the plate was rice with tomato butter, cole slaw, and grilled zucchini.

My plan with the extra biscuits... mesquite marinated petite tenderloin sandwiches on the biscuits with the bourbon molasses butter!  Has to be good.  I will let you know, company comes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment