Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oregano Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Soup

It was a busy Monday. I had a meeting an hour away from home so I defrosted chicken breasts, in the refrigerator, of course. The oregano chicken recipe was quick to pull together. Adding rice and broccoli completed the meal. Even on a busy night, this came together quickly. I was nice that it was in the oven for 40 minutes, giving me time to make the side dishes and the weekly soup.

I didn't get to make soup on Sunday, but I did have all the ingredients. Sundays lately have been busy. Perhaps I need to evaluate my Sunday plan and move soup day. Roasted red pepper soup is one of my favories. (Do I say that each week? I think so.) I like to roast my own red peppers for this recipe. I rosted 4 red peppers in place of the jarred peppers. By all means, use the jar peppers if you are in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment