Sunday, January 17, 2010

Make your own pizza

Friday nights are either crazy busy or home relaxing. This week was everyone at home after a busy week. Make your own pizza for the kids. This week I used 12" pizza shells, a jarred sauce and cheese. I was taking a break.

For the grown-ups, I made a sausage and spinach calzone. I got the recipe from a book and really did my own thing with it. I used a refrigerated pizza dough. I browned some sausage, added fresh spinach and a little water, covered the pan and let the spinach cook down. Once the water was evaporated, I mixed in mozzarella cheese and sauce. I put the mixture into a refrigerate pizza dough and baked until it was golden brown. It I were ambitious, I would have seasoned the dough, but it was just fine without.

On to the couch to watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment