Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easy Night

It's rainy and cloudy and I am grateful that dance was cancelled and the hubby came home early. And I had time to play with one of my cookbooks.

I made two recipes from Margaux Sky's Beautiful Breads and Fabulous Fillings. The first recipe was Red Wine BBQ Sauce that I had planned to serve with the London Broil. I also tried the Marinara Sauce from the book. The marniara sauce is in the freezer for use later. I have stuffed shells and manicotti in the freezer. That is another meal ready to go for a busy day.

The BBQ sauce needed an hour to simmer so you will need to plan ahead to make it. If you would like the recipe, let me know. All I did with the meat was grill it, slice it, add the sauce and mozzarella. I served the sandwiches open faced on some French bread. Roasted asparagus and a salad completed the meal.

It was nice to slow down a little tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment