Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Working Late?

My husband said he would be working late tonight. That left me flying solo to take Molly to dance lessons, Tim to practice and the pick up of each child. Hmmmm, what to have for dinner and not drive myself crazy while I was driving the kids around.

Originally I wanted to prepare the BBQ London Broil. Without the driving help of my husband, it was not going to happen. Wednesday's schedule included dance and a baseball game so the London Briol was just not going to work this week. Into the freezer it went.

I decided on offering the family the chicken noodle soup, leftover pizza, and then made buffalo chicken nuggets (from frozen). The nuggets could become a sandwich or salad. That worked out well so everyone ate when it was best for them.

I had time to bake a Sweet Potato Pound Cake. I like to have some desserts in the freezer for times they may be needed. This time of year is active for bake sales and get togethers. If I am in a pinch for time, there is a cake ready to go. I have had the recipe for a while and cannot find the exact one online. Let me know if you would like the recipe. You can use canned sweet potatoes in this recipe to save time.

On the pick up run, I found out that there will not be dance lessons Wednesday, and the game is cancelled. The London Broil came out of the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment