Monday, April 4, 2011

This Week's Plan

I used some time on Sunday to get some prep done for the week and beyond. Two new dinners for this week:

Honey chicken sandwiches
BBQ London Broil

On sunday, I made chicken noodle soup, roasted 4 chicken breasts (for the pizza, soup, and sandwiches) and oven fried chicken legs that I put in the freezer for a later day when needed.

Here's the recipe for the chicken legs:

In a plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 2-3 tablespoons of paprika or other seasoning. (I used Emeril's Essence this time.) Pour a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in the bottom of a roasting pan. Dredge the chicken legs in the dry mixture and place in oiled pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning the chicken at 20 minutes.

Today we had a showing for our house at dinnertime (maybe they will be the lucky buyers). I was teaching a food lab, Molly had to meet at a friend's house to work on a science project, and Tim had a CCD function. My meal solution: the family came to our food lab. Home cooked meal without the rush at home.

The rest of the week is the usual dance lessons and baseball practices/games. Tomorrow my husband is working late so I'm flying solo with the kids. I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment